Hello James,

> After FB 3.0 released, I am trying to immigrate my DB application to this new
> version.
>

> My DB app is running with embeded version before, so now I am still trying to
> get it work under embeded mode.
> I tried FB 3.0 x32, it works as embedded version well after I created a new
> user SYSDBA (as in FB 2.5).
> But for x64 package, I got error like this:
>

> Error message:
> [FireDAC][Phys][FB]-314. Cannot load vendor library [fbclient.dll or
> fbembed.dll]. fbclient.dll has unsupported architecture [x64]. Required [x86].

This looks to me like you are running/compiling your client application as
32-bit trying to load fbclient.dll 64-bit, which obviously does not work.

The bitness of your client application and the Firebird client/embedded DLL
must match.

--
With regards,
Thomas Steinmaurer

Professional Tools and Services for Firebird
FB TraceManager, IB LogManager, Database Health Check, Tuning etc.

  • [firebird-su... InField.au infield...@outlook.com [firebird-support]
    • Re: [fi... 'Thomas Steinmaurer' t...@iblogmanager.com [firebird-support]
    • Re: [fi... Dimitry Sibiryakov s...@ibphoenix.com [firebird-support]