Hello

In FB 2.5 I am using

insert into MyTable (col1, col2) values(val1, val2) returning Id

where Id is autoinc column (sequence generator + before insert trigger).

How do I do it in FB 3.0? It doesn't like "returning Id". It displays this
error: SQLDA error. Wrong number of parameters (expected 1, got 0)

I have Id defined as IDENTITY. Can I get INDENTITY for the last inserted row
without using SELECT GEN_ID(generator-name, 0) AS ID FROM RDB$DATABASE ?

I am trying this with Firebird Maestro 15.11.0.1 (supports FB 3) on Win
Server 2012 R2. With FB 2.5 all works as expected.

Thank you.

Zoran

  • [firebird-supp... 'Zoran' zoran...@gmail.com [firebird-support]
    • Re: [fire... Thomas Steinmaurer t...@iblogmanager.com [firebird-support]