  From: fabia...@itbizolutions.com.au [firebird-support]
  To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2016 10:52 PM
  Subject: [firebird-support] FB3 - Is RemoteBindAddress a Serverwide variable
or a Database linked variable?

  Now that I have the production candidate FB 3 server up and running I am
doing some fine tunning, and there a few questions I'd like to ask:

  1) The variable "RemoteBindAddress" in firebird.conf is a Server Wide value,
or it can be set per database in databases.conf?
  2) The "WireCompression" variable at the server's firebird.conf file
specifies it depends on the client's config. How can I config the client to
ensure wire compression is enabled?
  3) After installing the client on Win 64 bits I've noticed there is a
databases.conf file , where can I find info regarding understanding the client
side features and ways to configure it to fine tune Firebird 3 from the client
side?

  For those who are involved in the Firebird Development Project, let me send
you a MASSIVE CONGRATULATIONS on this product (FB3), it

  Cheers,
  Fabian

  • [firebird-s... fabia...@itbizolutions.com.au [firebird-support]
    • Re: [f... fabia...@itbizolutions.com.au [firebird-support]