On 31 August 2016 at 18:16, Steve Wiser
st...@specializedbusinesssoftware.com [firebird-support] <
firebird-support@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> Can you show us the permissions of the directory that you are trying to
> write to?  And also of the database file that you are trying to back up?

​the directory is 777 and the database is 550 owned by firebird​, group unb

> And is there an existing fbk that you are trying to overwrite or is it a
> new file?

​new file​

> And what user and group are you using to perform the gbak along with the
> flags.

​user and group are called unb, the firebird user is also a member of group
unb,  gbak -backup -user sysdba -password xxxxx filename

> Does anything show up in dmesg that would indicate some kind of I/O error
> or hard disk starting to go bad?

​no, and its a VM

This was all working and then it didn't, no changes detected anywhere ​

Nick Upson,
Principal Operations Engineer, Telensa Ltd.
Direct +44 (0) 1799 533252, Support Hotline +44 (0) 1799 399200
  • RE: [... 'Leyne, Sean' s...@broadviewsoftware.com [firebird-support]
  • Re: [... Helen Borrie hele...@iinet.net.au [firebird-support]
    • ... Nick Upson n...@telensa.com [firebird-support]
      • ... 'Woody' woody-...@gt.rr.com [firebird-support]