Hi

We do this all over the place. We have a custom grid component that has a save as option, so the grid could be displaying anything. We simply iterate the columns collection of the grid component. If your custom Query is displayed in a grid you should be able to do this in your dev environment. If its not displayed in a grid you could place a hidden grid on the screen and use that, or a better solution would be to use your database components which should have a fields (or similar) collection of the results (we use IBObjects / Delphi and it definitely does) .

Cheers
Rob