Hi all.

I've started looking into Firebird tracing capabilities and there seems to
be very little documentation on the topic besides the official manual and
a few commercial applications that are well known.

I am aware of the "fbtracemgr" utility but I would like to handle things
myself.

First of all: how do I start a tracing session? Is it a sql command that I
call like a function or I select from like in a procedure?

Second: how do I feed Firebird the tracing session configuration file?
Does it need to be a "physical" file on the same server as FB or can it be
read from like STDIN?

Thanks!