On 2017-03-08 11:30, Michal Kurczabinski michk...@gmail.com
[firebird-support] wrote:
> Thanks for your answer,
>
> perhaps problem is in jaybird-3.0.0-beta-3 used to connection to fb 3.
>
> My fb25 client is jaybird-2.2.12 and works fine.

When comparing performance of two systems, it is better to only change
one variable. So when comparing Firebird 2.5 and Firebird 3, use Jaybird
2.2 for both (or Jaybird 3 for both). To use Jaybird 2.2 with Firebird 3
you need to enable legacy authentication.

In other words: Jaybird version numbers are not related to Firebird
versions; maybe I should apply the same trick as the PostgreSQL JDBC
team recently applied and use a totally different version number.

If there is a noticeable performance difference between Jaybird 2.2 and
Jaybird 3, I would really appreciate a good reproduction database +
program.

Mark
  • [firebird-suppor... Michal Kurczabinski michk...@gmail.com [firebird-support]
    • [firebird-s... hv...@users.sourceforge.net [firebird-support]