Hi Karol,

I will look into how the delete query plan works on customer environment and
will revert back.

Thanks

From: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:firebird-support@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: 18 April 2017 20:16
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Odp: [firebird-support] Deletion of rows from multiple tables takes a
lot of time around 30mins

Hi,

For me 5 minutes looks also very long.
Look how delete query plan looks like

Regards,
Karol Bieniaszewski

----- Reply message -----
Od: "'Joje' j...@codework-solutions.com
<mailto:j...@codework-solutions.com>  [firebird-support]"
<firebird-support@yahoogroups.com <mailto:firebird-support@yahoogroups.com> >
Do: <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com <mailto:firebird-support@yahoogroups.com>

Temat: [firebird-support] Deletion of rows from multiple tables takes a lot of
time around 30mins
Data: wt., kwi 18, 2017 08:17

Hello,

Today one of our customer complained that removing clients from application is
taking a lot of time around 30-40mins.  So I looked into their database whose
DB size is around 340MB and found that our DBA has a called deletion triggers
in main table. Triggers will delete all the client information from related
tables that 6 tables. Also, I checked the child tables from any additional
triggers  but there were none.

Now, when I copied this database to my development environment deletion works
fast takes around 5 mins. I also rechecked with their older databases also
whose size is around 1GB. Found no slowness during deletion.

The question arises why this deletion process is taking so much of time at
customer environment ?

  /o>

Another thing I noticed was that FBServer was consuming 25% CPU usage during
deletion.

Thanks in advance.

With Regards,

Joje