From: Rudi Feijó rudi.fe...@multidadosti.com.br [firebird-support]
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2017 8:26 PM
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [firebird-support] Firebird 3 crashes, unable to capture crash dumps (
terminated abnormally (4294967295) )

Hello

It’s been a while since I gave na update on my situation here.

To recap, firebird 3 is crashing randomly on my server. It may crash once,
twice, or 10 times a day. Or not once during the day.

Server load is always minimal during the crashes, and so is the memory usage.
With the help of the community, my latest attempts where to change the
firebird.conf, and I tried a lot of different combinations, even returning to
the default combination, but the problem still happens.

Then, I tried to capture the crash dumps.

I followed the instructions at Collecting User-Mode Dumps:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb787181.aspx

However, I’ve had a lot of crashes since I changed the registry, but no crash
dumps are collected at all.

I’ve made sure the dump directory is writable and readable by everyone (system,
admin, user, etc).

I also turned off the guardian as required, and created a simple batch file to
restart firebird every 5 seconds if needed to act as a guardian.

Before turning off the guardian, firebird.log always wrote a terminated
abnormally (4294967295) error, not without the guardian it doesn’t write
anything at all, it just crashes silently.

So this is the status now.
I’m thinking on trying to install de debug version and attach Watson to it, if
anyone have any other ideas I’d be glad to hear.

Specs :

Firebird-3.0.2.32703_0_x64 on windows 2012 R2 VM (2 core 2.30gh xeon, 13gb ram)

Config :

ServerMode = Super

GuardianOption = 0

WireCrypt = Enabled

TempDirectories = C:\firebird-temp

AuthServer = Legacy_Auth, Srp, Win_Sspi

AuthClient = Legacy_Auth, Srp, Win_Sspi

UserManager = Legacy_UserManager, Srp

DefaultDbCachePages = 20000

TempBlockSize = 2M

TempCacheLimit = 364M

LockMemSize = 9M

LockHashSlots = 30011

Registry changes made to capture dumps :

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error
Reporting\LocalDumps]

"DumpType"=dword:00000002

"DumpFolder"=hex(2):63,00,3a,00,5c,00,6c,00,6f,00,63,00,61,00,6c,00,2d,00,64,\

  00,75,00,6d,00,70,00,73,00,00,00

"DumpCount"=dword:00009999

"CustomDumpFlags"=dword:00000000

  • [firebird-su... Rudi Feijó rudi.fe...@multidadosti.com.br [firebird-support]