> I have a single Linux host server with several Virtualbox guest VM's.
>  I've been attempting to move everything possible from the host to one
> of the guests.
>
> One of the last holdovers is Firebird.  The reason is I use NFS to
> mount host folders within the guest for critical data - and the .fdb
> certainly counts.

NFS is an networking system not part of virtualbox.
Virtualbox has an mechanism of its own to allow gests access to host
filesystem you shoulkd try that instead.

> So for my use case - I have a single Firebird server instance.  There
> will never be more than one copy of Firebird running.  All write and
> 99.99% read access to the .fdb would be through that single Firebird
> instance (except for automated remote backup operations running on the
> host).

It's not an good idea to backup database file while firebird-server is
running on that file. You should use firebirds backup functionality instead.

> Am I "safe", possibly even correct, in using RemoteFileOpenAbility in
> this use case?

This option is for pepole knowing what they are doing - those pepole
usually do not ask if it is ok.

Elmar

  • [firebird-suppor... 'Daniel Miller' dmil...@amfes.com [firebird-support]
    • Re: {Disarm... Elmar Haneke el...@haneke.de [firebird-support]