Wednesday, November 15, 2017, 5:54:05 AM, m_brahi...@yahoo.fr wrote:

> I would like to know please, if we can use a DB in win64 but built
> under win32 . The client app is built with delphi 32 bits so the
> clients will connect to that DB in 64 bits. Is it possible ? Thanks

1. Your database should be fine if moved from win32 to win64.  It is
recommended that you back up the database on the old platform with
gbak and restore it with gbak on the new. as a good housekeeping
measure.

2.  Firebird servers don't care whether the client is 32-bit or
64-bit.

2.  Clients must use the fbclient.dll that matches the bitness of the
*application*.  If your database is going to be restored for use under
Fb3 then you will need to download the win32 zip kit and extract the
32-bit fbclient.dll from it.  In the Fb2.5 win64 kit, there should be
a copy of the 32-bit client in the system32 subdirectory.  I don't
know why it is omitted from the Fb3 kits.

Helen

  • [firebird-supp... m_brahi...@yahoo.fr [firebird-support]
    • Re: [fire... 'livius' liviusliv...@poczta.onet.pl [firebird-support]
    • Re: [fire... Helen Borrie hele...@iinet.net.au [firebird-support]