On 15.11.2017 at 13:48, stihpos...@yahoo.com [firebird-support] wrote:
>   When I try to restore, it asks for next volume... so, I suppose backup
> failed. (When looking gbak with -v it works fine and finally gets to certain
> table, says something like:
>   gbak: 160000 records written
>   gbak: 180000 records written
>   gbak: 200000 records written
>   gbak: 220000 records written
>   gbak: 240000 records written
>   gbak: 260000 records written
>   gbak: 280000 records wri
>

>   ...and brings me back to my terminal, without any failure notice.

Have you tried to run gfix (e.g. -validate -full) on the database? What
does it say? If the DB file is physically damaged, the only solution
might be to gfix -mend it and then do a backup/restore (and even then
there's no guarantee), but you need to be aware that some data may be
lost (make a side copy of the DB and give it a shot).

regards
Tomasz

--
__--==     Tomasz Tyrakowski    ==--__