On 21-12-2017 15:26, Ryan Farmer farme...@icloud.com [firebird-support]
wrote:
> Firebird 2.5.2.26539. The error message is “Firebird 2.5 Installer (2.1)
> is not allowed to run on Win2012R2.64(6.3) Setup Aborted!”

Why are you even trying to install version 2.5.2? It is not the latest
2.5.x version, it is a 4+ year old version with a known(!) security
vulnerabilities that have been fixed in later versions. That is probably
why Windows doesn't allow it to be installed.

> Will a different Firebird version work in this environment? Or am I
> trying to stick a square peg into a round hole here?

Install Firebird 2.5.7, which will install just fine on Windows 2012R2
(I even spun up a VM to test it).

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel