From: talorigo...@yahoo.co.uk [firebird-support]
Sent: Friday, December 29, 2017 3:32 PM
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [firebird-support] Insert error: count of column and variable list do
not match

I'm trying to insert data from a query into a table however I receive the
following error message:

SQL Message : -104

Invalid token

Engine Code    : 335544569

Engine Message :

Dynamic SQL Error

SQL error code = -104

Invalid command

count of column list and variable list do not match

The table is defined as:

CREATE GLOBAL TEMPORARY TABLE tmp_gdlmove

(

  verid BIGINT,

  level_num SMALLINT,

  parentid BIGINT,

  times_assigned SMALLINT,

  journey CHAR(1)

)

ON COMMIT DELETE ROWS;

and the query I'm trying is defined as:

INSERT INTO tmp_gdlmove (verid, level_num, parentid, times_assigned)

VALUES((SELECT verid,  level_num, parentid, count(*) as times_assigned

                   FROM (SELECT DIS           FROM ASSIGNMENT ass

                                    INNER JOIN orgchart och on
och.childid=ass.orgid

                                    INNER JOIN organisation org on
och.parentid=org.orgid

                                WHERE verid IN (3) AND level_num IN (1,2) and
depth =1)

                   GROUP BY verid, level_num, parentid))

The select portion of the query returns the same number of columns as I have
listed in the insert statement so I'm unsure why I receive this message.

  • ... talorigo...@yahoo.co.uk [firebird-support]
    • ... 'Martijn Tonies (Upscene Productions)' m.ton...@upscene.com [firebird-support]
      • ... talorigo...@yahoo.co.uk [firebird-support]