Hello:

In a stored procedure I am trying to concat two blob TEXT fields. One
typically is text with RTF formating code about 1-30k long and the other
may be simple text about 1-4 k long.

According to the FB reference manual <blob> || <blob> should output a
<concat blob> , but for the larger text blobs it will simply not concat
the smaller text blobs at all, i.e. it outputs the larger text blob
only. I have tried concat small blob text just fine, and as a test the
same larger text blob field concat to itself and this does not work at all.

I am testing this in IBExpert.

Am I missing something here? How do I concat two text blob fields reliably?

Thank you!

Chuck

  • [firebird-support] ... Chuck Belanger phytot...@lanset.com [firebird-support]