Brief answer is "no" for both questions. But this does not mean that such task
is impossible, just that nobody used to pay attention to it cause in theory I
see no reasons why this can not be done.

Trusted authentication has 2 steps. First, client should pass to the server
context of logged in user. Next server determines login name for that context.
If we find in linux (not sure where should they be - in sambe? in pam?) calls
performing same tasks compiling plugin for linux will not be a problem.

List of required API functions FYI is :
AcquireCredentialsHandle, DeleteSecurityContext, FreeCredentialsHandle,
QueryContextAttributes,
FreeContextBuffer, InitializeSecurityContext, AcceptSecurityContext,
GetTokenInformation, AllocateAndInitializeSid, EqualSid, FreeSid

May be I missed one or two but suppose that's not critical for now.
  • [firebird-suppor... Dalton Calford dcalf...@distributel.ca [firebird-support]
    • [firebird-s... peshk...@mail.ru [firebird-support]