Hello:

I use Firebird 2.1 and in some computers I cannot open a database file which is in the local hard disk.

For example, let's suppose I have the database C:\Test\MYDATABASE.FDB and I try to open it with IB_SQL (from IBObjects).

If I use C:\Test\MYDATABASE.FDB I get "unavailable database".
If I use SERVERNAME:C:\Test\MYDATABASE.FDB I get "unavailable database".
If I use \\SERVERNAME\C:\Test\MYDATABASE.FDB I get "unavailable database".

If I modify firebird.conf creating the alias MYDATABASE=C:\Test\MYDATABASE.FDB, then using MYDATABASE I can open the database.

In almost every computer with any Windows version (XP, 7, 10, 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016) I can open the database using every one of the four methods, but in some computers the first three methods return "unavailable database" and I can open the database only using an alias. Now I am having the problem in a computer with Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard with Service Pack 1, but I remember having this problem in other computers from time to time.

Any ideas of which may be the reason? ... and the solution?

Thanks in advance. Regards

Eduardo

---
El software de antivirus Avast ha analizado este correo electrónico en busca de
virus.
  • [firebird-support... Eduardo guse...@gmail.com [firebird-support]
    • [firebird-su... Eduardo guse...@gmail.com [firebird-support]
      • RE: [fir... 'Neil Pickles' neil.pick...@csy.co.uk [firebird-support]