Show query plans for both situatios fk an index.

Regards,Karol Bieniaszewski
-------- Oryginalna wiadomość --------Od: "antoedinchar...@gmail.com
[firebird-support]" <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com> Data: 24.02.2018  11:40
(GMT+01:00) Do: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com Temat: [firebird-support]
Foreign Key & Query Performance

      Hello there,I am having a doubt that if Foreign Key reduces Query
Performance Or not.
My Environment is FirebirdCS2.6 :-Item Table :- 10 Records, PK - Itemcode
Varchar(5);BillDetail Table :- 10 Million Records (FK Selectivity - 0.0076, PK
Selectivity - 0.000000076)
I am having FK between BillDetail.Itemcode And Item.Itemcode with FK every
query is slow. but as i remove the FK and added Index with
Itemcode&BillDetail_PK the queries are running lightning fast. But I prefer FK
to be in Database with high performance queries.
Kindly share you suggestions and Feedbacks on the same.

  • [firebird-supp... antoedinchar...@gmail.com [firebird-support]
    • Re: [fire... liviuslivius liviusliv...@poczta.onet.pl [firebird-support]
    • Re: [fire... Mark Rotteveel m...@lawinegevaar.nl [firebird-support]