On 17-3-2018 14:12, 'Walter R. Ojeda Valiente'
sistemas2000profesio...@gmail.com [firebird-support] wrote:
> I am using Firebird 2.5..8 in Windows 7.
>
> I have a script file which contains the lines for create a database and
> theirs domains, tables, triggers, and so on.
>
> The problem is in the lines of comments.
>
> CREATE DATABASE '127.0.0.1/3050:E
> <http://127.0.0.1/3050:E>:\SQL\SQL_MUAN\DATABASES\MUAN_MASTER_21.FDB'
>    USER 'SYSDBA'
>    PASSWORD 'masterkey'
>    PAGE_SIZE = 4096
>    DEFAULT CHARACTER SET ISO8859_1
>    COLLATION ES_ES;
>
> SET AUTODDL ON;
>
> -- More lines here
>
> COMMENT ON COLUMN ADICIONALES.ADI_SERVID IS 'Servidor Nº';
>
> -- More lines here
>

> The database is created, no problem there. But on the line: COMMENT ON
> COLUMN the folowing error appears:
>
> *This operation is not defined for system tables.Unsuccessful metadata
> update.*
> *MODIFY RDB$RELATION_FIELDS failed.*
> *Malformed string.*
>
> Thinking that the problem would be the CHARACTER SET, I had changed it
> to WIN1252, ASCII, NONE, and the same error continues. It is impossible
> to create the database.
>
> If I delete the lines which start with COMMENT ON COLUMN (there are a
> lot of them, because each column of each table has a comment) then the
> database can be created. But I don't want to delete the comments, it is
> a team's work and people needs to read those comments.
>
> So, there is a solution?
>
> Is this a bug of Firebird?
>
> Somebody knows how to solve this problem?

What character set is the script file using? Is it using UTF-8 or
WIN1252? You are currently probably connecting using NONE.

If the script file is in UTF-8, add a SET NAMES UTF8;, if the script is
WIN1252, try adding SET NAMES WIN1252; Add this **before** creating the
database.

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel