Thank You Helen,
We are discussing on this. I may get back to you.

Thanking You Again And With Best Regards.
Vishal

    On Thursday, 7 June, 2018, 3:05:27 PM IST, Helen Borrie
hele...@iinet.net.au [firebird-support] <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com>
wrote:

Vishal Tiwari wrote:

> It's urgent...
> We are facing a database performance issue. Currently, we are using firebird
> version 2.5.2 ODS 11.2.
> If we try to run a simple SQL i.e. Select * from <Table Name> using
> FlameRobin, it is taking time and next time the time span increases.
> Same happens from all of our applications side as well. We have
> Desktop applications build using Delphi.
> Kindly refer to below snap.

It's no good trying to send screenshots or any kind of attachments to
the list. They are dropped automatically.
First, v.2.5.2 is buggy and very old. Replace it with v.2.5.8. You
don't need any migration for this; just keep copies of your security
database, firebird.conf and aliases.conf so you can copy them back
into your new installation.

Then, run gstat -h on the database and copy the output into your next
post. (Rt-click on the title bar of the command window, select Edit
then Select All. Hit enter to copy, Ctrl-V to paste into your email.)

A typical reason for Delphi applications to exhibit progressive
slowdowns is poor transaction management, specifically those written
with long-running read-write transactions that never get committed.
Garbage builds up and builds up in the database just from everyday
usage, in the form of thousands of old record versions that can't be
flagged "uninteresting" because of all those uncommitted transactions.
You observe the slowdown in FlameRobin, isql, et al., because all that
garbage is trapped in the database.

You can improve that permanently by rewriting the offending
application code. In the meantime, do regular sweeps or gbak backups
in (gfix) shut -single mode to clear out the trash. If you are already
doing that, then you probably need to do it more often.

So first things first - update Firebird and let's look at those
transaction statistics from the database header.

HB

---
https://www.avg.com

  • [firebird-support... Vishal Tiwari vishuals...@yahoo.co.in [firebird-support]