>> On some servers we encounter a sudden reboot after FB install.
>> [...]

> Wasn't it BSOD because of hardware malfunction? In Windows system
> setting turn off automatic reboot on error.

No. A BSOD needs a user intervention in order for the machine to
reboot. In the cases I have seen, Windows did a proper shutdown and
reboot.

I guess this has to do with the VC Runtine installation that the
Windows installer is calling prior to installing and starting the
Firebird service (that's why the Firebird service is still not
installed after the reboot).

I assume that the VC Runtime installation issues a reboot when it
encounters a certain Windows setup where certain files or settings are
missing. Whatever. I googled around but I didn't find any
confirmation.

When I install Firebird on a production machine I always hold my
breath when the installation runs into the VC Runtime installation ...

This is *extremely* annoying and it would be great if we could find
out what is going on. Shutting down a production server without prior
notice is a complete no-go, even if it is rare.

Best Regards

Stefan

  • Re: [firebird-sup... Dimitry Sibiryakov s...@ibphoenix.com [firebird-support]
    • Re: [firebir... meanbe...@yahoo.com [firebird-support]