Unfortunately, Ubuntu 18.04 doesn't install any example database, that's why I resourced to security3.db

I have a script that automates a server installation, changing SYSDBA password and adding users. I did that with gsec.

I know that now I should do it with SQL sentences, but as I have no database, I have to use security3.db.

Is it dangerous to use this database to add users  ?

Aldo

El 12/07/18 a las 17:06, Mark Rotteveel m...@lawinegevaar.nl [firebird-support] escribió:

On 12-7-2018 21:24, Aldo Caruso aldo.car...@argencasas.com
[firebird-support] wrote:
>     thanks for your answer.
>
>     One question related to changing SYSDBA password for the first time
> without using gsec.
>
>     I noticed that, as you have no other database than security3.fdb,
> you must connect to it, but for doing so you can't use remote
> connections ( not even localhost ) and, as you access directly to the
> database file, you must run isql-fb as root. Also you need to stop the
> service in order to have exclusive access to the database file.

You could just connect to the employee example database (or any other
local and accessible database) using an embedded connection (which
should be the default when you don't specify a hostname) and create (or
alter) the account there.

I would suggest to explicitly specify the user manager plugin to use
with the `USING PLUGIN ..` clause, so you don't accidentally create (or
alter) less safe accounts using the legacy user manager if you didn't
intended that (or vice versa).

>     So you must follow the following steps ( Ubuntu 18..04 )
>

> sudo service firebird3.0 stop
>
> sudo isql-fb -user sysdba -password xxxx security.db
>
> SQL> alter user sysdba set password 'yyyy';
>
> SQL> exit;
>
> sudo service firebird3.0 start
>

> Is this sequence of steps correct ?

It shouldn't be necessary, especially not as root.

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel

  • Re: [firebird-su... Mark Rotteveel m...@lawinegevaar.nl [firebird-support]