On 2018-08-08 20:58, 'River~~' river14ap...@gmail.com [firebird-support]
wrote:
> Suggestion: if you have admin rights on the machine install a ramdisk
> (there are several available for Windows and MS themselves offered
> them for some earlier Windows versions) as say R: and tell Windows  to
> use R: for temp files.
>
> In older versions of Windows you set up
>
> TEMP=R:
> TMP=R:
>
> as the environment of a batch file that runs the database - I am out
> of touch with Windows now but I guess you can still do something
> similar - ask your favourite Windows guru how you do that these days.
>
> The effect is that the software (both Windows and Firebird) thinks
> it's writing normal files but in reality the entire structure
> (folders and everything) is built in RAM.
>
> Just a thought offered in case it helps

I think it is easier to change the Firebird configuration of
TempCacheLimit as suggested earlier in this thread than to set up a
ramdisk. It is probably also better for performance, but I haven't
checked that. A ramdisk might be a better choice for Classic though, as
in Classic, the TempCacheLimit is per connection.

Mark
  • Re: [firebird-s... Dimitry Sibiryakov s...@ibphoenix.com [firebird-support]
    • Re: [fireb... Alexey Kovyazin a...@ib-aid.com [firebird-support]
    • Re: [fireb... Dalton Calford dalton.calf...@gmail.com [firebird-support]