On 2/28/2019 12:54 AM, hele...@iinet.net.au [firebird-support] wrote:

---In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, <tult...@hughes.net> wrote :

On 2/27/2019 2:44 PM, Robert Tulloch tult...@hughes.net <mailto:tult...@hughes.net> [firebird-support] wrote:
Hi:

  I just ran this

select 'MEMPAY1' AS TABLE_NAME, 'M1ID' AS INDEX_NAME, cast(RDB$STATISTICS as varchar(32)) as RDB$STATISTICS from rdb$indices where RDB$SYSTEM_FLAG is null
or RDB$SYSTEM_FLAG = 0 order by RDB$STATISTICS

And it returned 76 "records" all the same table and index but with different values for RDB$STATISTICS

ranging from  0.0001628664467716590  to 1.000000000000000

Over my head. How can there be 76 different values?

You got what you asked for.
Tthere are 76 tables and 76 indices, all of which have been returned with the same name for the table and the index, respectively, due to your forcing a constant on
each.  I have no idea why you think you have to do things like this.

HB

Hi:

Thanks for response. I am trying to return the selectivity for that unique table/unique index.

Looking at the tables in the database, there is one table with the unique name  and with a unique index.

Running same query on 3 other tables returns 76 records each with the RDB$STATISTICS values.

I)n IB_SQL I get:

ISC ERROR CODE:335544652

ISC ERROR MESSAGE:
multiple rows in singleton select

STATEMENT:
(TApplication).frmSQL.dsqlEdit

When I run the statistics on the whole database, 76 unique records and the same RDB$STATISTICS values.

Obviously something wrong with my statements.

Best Robert

  • Re: [firebird-suppo... Mark Rotteveel m...@lawinegevaar.nl [firebird-support]
    • Re: [firebird-... Robert Tulloch tult...@hughes.net [firebird-support]
      • Re: [fireb... Mark Rotteveel m...@lawinegevaar.nl [firebird-support]