Hello Josef,

> Hi,
>

> with our client software installed on a terminal server we like to get the
> IP-Adress of the "real" client-computer connected to the database  (the one
> the
> user sits in front of).
>

> With Mon$Remote_Address from Mon$Attachments (using FB 2.5.8) we get the
> IP-Adress of the Citrix-machine.
>

> Is there a way to get the IP-Adress of the client-machine.
> Is there a difference/improvement using FB 3?

One work-around that comes to mind is using context variables. E.g. upon client
application startup, set the client IP address as a USER_SESSION context
variable, which then is available in context of the client connection / user
session in e.g. triggers etc.

--
With regards,
Thomas Steinmaurer

Professional Tools and Services for Firebird
FB TraceManager, IB LogManager, Database Health Check, Tuning etc.

  • [firebi... josef.gschwendt...@quattro-soft.de [firebird-support]
    • Re... 'Thomas Steinmaurer' t...@iblogmanager.com [firebird-support]
    • Re... Mark Rotteveel m...@lawinegevaar.nl [firebird-support]
    • OD... Karol Bieniaszewski liviusliv...@poczta.onet.pl [firebird-support]