Hi!

 We use 2.5.8 CS on Oracle Linux 7.6. It has 200+ database and 4000+
connections.

 Yesterday we had corruptions in many databases around the same moment.
 These are the different messages in the firebird.log after the corruptions and
trying to valdate/fix/backup/restore/read the databasese. What could be the
cause/problem?

"Operating system call pthread_mutex_lock failed. Error code 22"

 "Operating system call pthread_mutex_destroy failed. Error code 16"

"Error while trying to read from file Invalid argument"

 "Error while trying to read from file Success"

 "Error while trying to read from file Connection reset by peer"

 "Error while trying to access file Success"

 "Error while trying to access file Bad file descriptor"

 "Error while trying to access file Resource temporarily unavailable"

 "Error while trying to read from file No such file or directory"

 "Error while trying to read from file No such process"

 "I/O error during "fstat" operation for file..."

 "I/O error during "read" operation for file..."

 "wrong page type page <number> is of wrong type (expected 7, found 5)"

 "Cannot dump the monitoring data"

 "internal Firebird consistency check (cannot find record back version (291),
file: vio.cpp line: 4022)"

 "internal Firebird consistency check (bad difference record (176), file:
sqz.cpp line: 68)"

 "internal Firebird consistency check (cannot find record fragment (248), file:
dpm.cpp line: 1246)"

 "internal Firebird consistency check (record disappeared (186), file: vio.cpp
line: 3249)"

 "internal Firebird consistency check (next transaction older than oldest
active transaction (266), file: cch.cpp line: 6523)"

 "internal Firebird consistency check (decompression overran buffer (179),
file: sqz.cpp line: 228)"

 "internal Firebird consistency check (next transaction older than oldest
active transaction (266), file: cch.cpp line: 6523)"

 "internal Firebird consistency check (record disappeared (186), file: vio.cpp
line: 3249)"

 "internal Firebird consistency check (wrong record version (185), file:
vio.cpp line: 3258)"

 "internal Firebird consistency check (cannot find record back version (291),
file: dpm.cpp line: 1189)"

 "internal Firebird consistency check (wrong record length (183), file: vio.cpp
line: 1248)"

 "internal Firebird consistency check (can't continue after bugcheck)"

 "Firebird shutdown is still in progress after the specified timeout"

 "Chain for record <number> is broken in table <table_name> (<number>)"

 "Record <number> is wrong length in table <table_name> (<number>)"

 "Record <number> is marked as damaged in table <table_name> (<number>)"

 "Relation has 2 orphan backversions (0 in use) in table <table_name>
(<number>)"

 "Page <number> is an orphan"

  • [firebird-support... ma_go...@yahoo.com [firebird-support]