Read here about connection strings:
https://firebirdsql.org/file/documentation/reference_manuals/user_manuals/html/qsg3-databases.html

Run "Command prompt" and enter command:
>ping FIREBIRDSERVER

If 'ping' command failed - use an IP address instead:
>ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
If succeeded - use IP instead 'FIREBIRDSERVER' in connection string

Additionally. As I understand, your Firebird server is installed on Windows
('FIREBIRDSERVER').
By default "Windows Firewall" blocks incoming connections from network.
Open 'Windows Firewall', create 'inbound' rule to allow connections to TCP port
3050 from LAN.

Watch this my video how to install and configure Firebird on Windows:
http://rgho.st/private/6xRXbzJqH/4d0ee11d53c142ea2590e648bc363f8f
(It is about installation one of our applications, so you can skip second half
of video)

8 липня 2019, 14:32:48, від "Tony Christiansen t...@adegroup.com.au
[firebird-support]" <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com>:

  Hi Rustam

Where is an explanation of the different connection strings.

I am using a TIBDatabase in Delphi
With databasename property set to \\FIREBIRDSERVER\E:\DB.FDB it connects
With databasename property set to FIREBIRDSERVER:E:\DB.FDB it does not connect
with error  unable to complete network request to host "FIREBIRDSERVER"

My environment is windows and without the \\ the client cannot find the host.

Thanks for your assistance
Tony

  • [firebird-suppor... Tony Christiansen t...@adegroup.com.au [firebird-support]
    • [firebird-s... Rustam rusta...@ukr.net [firebird-support]