From: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com [mailto:firebird-support@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Friday, December 06, 2019 9:29 AM
To: David Wurdeman david.wurde...@mvpmt.com [firebird-support]
Subject: Re: [firebird-support] Firebird novice--help with application that
uses Firebird

did you check firewall port 3050

Em sexta-feira, 6 de dezembro de 2019 01:51:09 GMT-5, David Wurdeman
david.wurde...@mvpmt.com [firebird-support] <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com>
escreveu:

We use a program called Ascent, that uses Firebird server to open the .fdb
database files that this program creates.

The databases can be either on the local computer, or on a network share.

We have a user in a remote office.  He was using a Windows 7 computer with a
network share to store his databases.

Regarding the Ascent application we are using.  When accessing a remote
database, from within the program you designate the IP address of the computer
, and then the path to the database from the server’s perspective.  i.e.
“C:\database directory\database.fdb”

I upgraded the Windows 7 server computer to Windows 10, and now this program
doesn’t work.  The client computer program tries to connect to the server
database, but it times-out.

We can still see the network share in Windows Explorer just fine, so it can’t
be a rights issue or Windows sharing problem.

The user can open databases stored on his local PC with no problems.

Disabled anti-virus but that hasn’t helped.

Prior to the upgrade:  when opening a database on the server, it would show the
path in the application as “<server IP address> c:\database
directory\database.fdb”

Now it shows the path as “<server IP address>  <server IP
address>c:\database\database.fdb”

The server and client were running Firebird v 2.1.  I upgraded to 2.5, but the
problem is still there.

Any advice appreciated!  If you need further info, please contact me.

David A. Wurdeman

Predictive Maintenance Technologies

914 East 17th Street

Columbus, Nebraska  68601