Dimitry, hi again.

I tried to set the locale on a Firebird super server installation.
I edited the /etc/init.d/firebird service script, and a added this to it:

export LANG="pt_BR.utf8"

Then I reload and restart the service with:

systemctl daemon-reload
systemctl restart firebird

After this, I got the correct locale in the firebird server process, I
query this using:

    xargs -r0a "/proc/$PID/environ" sh -c 'exec env -i -- "$@" locale' sh
     >>> change the $PID with the PID number of the fbserver

So, after all, I tried to query my UDF function with this:

    select format_float(12343.2399, ',0.00') from rdb$database

This "format_float" udf is a lazarus udf that calls the "formatFloat" that
uses the default LC_NUMERIC variables.

So I expected the result:
   12.343,24

But I continue to get:
  12,343.24

The thousand separator in PT_BR is "," not "." (dot).

The same UDF, installed on a linux PT_BR works, as so on Windows PT_BR
compiled version.

Any idea whats happening?

  • ... Roberto Vieweg jjw.roberto.fireb...@gmail.com [firebird-support]
    • ... Dimitry Sibiryakov s...@ibphoenix.com [firebird-support]