Hello...

I am developing a security extension, which is used as a loaded assembly to my
main application, all of which use the Firebird Embedded Edition 2.59 for my
application's database.

As part of my security processes, I compress the file upon exiting the
application.  When the compression process is completed, I want to delete the
Firebird FDB database file.  However, I cannot do this as the Firebird database
file is in use by the application.

I have checked all of my data access coding and in every case the associated
database connection is being properly closed upon completion of any database
access method.

As a result, I have no idea why the Firebird FDB database file is still being
used by the master application.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can get around this so I can complete
the delete process?

Thank you...

Steve Naidamast
  Sr. Software Engineer