On 18-04-2020 12:19, Shane delphi_ric...@yahoo.co.uk [firebird-support]
wrote:
> The scenario that I've setup is Opensuse is the main OS. I'm running
> Windows XP on a VirtualBox. So within Windows XP I communicate to the
> Linux OS through samba, copying to the folder the database is running. I
> do the systemctl stop to Firebird on the Linux Server then restart after
> it's finished copying .

What exactly are you copying? How are you moving the database from
Windows to Linux, what are the exact steps and commands used? If you
were using gbak to backup and restore, there would be no need to stop
Firebird on your Linux server. So it sounds like you are copying the
database file itself, instead of using gbak to back it up on Windows and
then - using gbak - restore it on Linux.

> I did use the gbak on all the backups. I even tried Flamerobin to
> restore resent backups. which it didn't give any errors.
> But it does want to be registered and the Defin support person says it
> corrupted!!!

Then possibly this might be a problem with the application and not so
much with the database. You would need to contact support of your
application for more help.

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel