Hi

I have firebird installed on a server with my application. There are say
200 users each accessing their own database (size is trivial <50mb)

My application (Delphi using IBX) has started randomly raising
exceptions "Error writing data to the connection" when the user queries
their database.

We think this must be related to adding more users to the server as it
is a recent problem.

My application creates and connects a database object on start and
destroys on finish.

Should I be creating and connecting to the database for every query?

Would the number of databases being accessed cause load issues for FB? I
cannot see any config settings that would address this situation.

Would one FB server version be better than the other in this scenario?

Any clues or comments would be appreciated.

Regards
Tony

  • [firebird-suppor... Tony Christiansen t...@adegroup.com.au [firebird-support]
    • Re: [firebi... Dimitry Sibiryakov s...@ibphoenix.com [firebird-support]