On Thursday, February 19, 2015 at 5:50:29 AM UTC+1, San wrote:

> I'm not even sure what an "issue report" is -- I thought that's what I
> just gave you -- but I know from experience how time-consuming tech writing
> is since I've done a lot of it. Sorry, I don't have time to put all that
> together. Also I don't see why it's needed

A test case with steps to reproduce is *always* needed, no matter how
trivial to reproduce you think the problem is.

> -- as I said, I see the same result on _any_ web page, if using the
> combination of Firefox 35 and Firebug 2.0.8. You can try it yourself on any
> page you like. Are you (or anyone) using that combination seeing
> breakpoints work correctly?

I am using Firefox 35.0.1 + Firebug 2.0.8 on Win7 and I did not encounter
this issue so far.

On Wednesday, February 18, 2015 at 5:57:53 PM UTC+1, San wrote:

> What specific problem or reported issue do you have in mind?
>>

> The one that, broadly speaking, three people reported in a previous thread.

Can you post the link to that thread?

On Tuesday, February 17, 2015 at 11:10:17 PM UTC+1, San wrote:

> Does the focus on developing the new Firebug 3 mean that there won't be
> any more work on bugfixes for FB 2.0.8?

I need to say that I get the same impression. Issues in Firebug 2 don't
even seem to get reviewed anymore
<https://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/list?can=6&q=&sort=-id&colspec=ID+Type+Status+Owner+Test+Summary+Reporter&cells=tiles>.

The only one doing so is me, and I am officially not part of the FWG
anymore. You guys should at least review all those issues and point their
reporters to Firebug 3, in case their issue will be solved there. It's a
bad experience for users wanting to help by creating a bug report and
taking the time to create a test case, but nobody cares about it.

As far as I can see the main issues people complain about are related to
the Script panel (especially in regard of breakpoints):

   - issue 5802 <https://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/detail?id=5802>
   - issue 7301 <https://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/detail?id=7301>
   - issue 7336 <https://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/detail?id=7336>
   - issue 7760 <https://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/detail?id=7760>
   - issue 7761 <https://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/detail?id=7761>
   - issue 7762 <https://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/detail?id=7762>

For most of them I just found reproducible test cases yesterday.

Sebastian

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebug/05415093-1b03-4540-947a-dc1e1a61da60%40googlegroups.com.