For me, Firefox 36.0.1 has not crashed but rather FireBug 2.08 starts
acting unpredictably with respect to breakpoints.

If I am repeatedly editing JavaScript for a particular web page (web App),
particularly if I am adding or removing lines, and have breakpoints set,
they can get moved to other lines (and I don't think just a few up or down,
based on what I have added or deleted).  I can remove the breakpoint from
the breakpoints tab, or clicking it on the source line number to remove the
breakpoint, but Firebug will continue to stop there.  Sometimes a reload of
the web page will resolve the issue, but most of the time I have to do more
to "reset"  Firebug to correct functionality.

It does not seem right to delete all breakpoints manually before I perform
a web page reload, to then set them back up for debugging.

Eventually, Firebug will put a throbber where the breakpoint red dot would
go next to the page number in the source listing.  It won't go away, even
after waiting awhile.  If I reload the page, the breakpoint is there.

I can't say if this has just recently started happening with this
Firefox/FireBug combination because this is the first time I have needed to
use Firebug to debug Javascript since late November

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebug/c72cc5fb-a6b3-45ff-a1e8-8828307ba575%40googlegroups.com.