Thank you for the link, but I don't understand the chart at all.

I know what the first column is -- those are dates. I don't understand any
of the other columns. What are Trunk, Aurora, Beta, and Release? They're
not dates... For example, one row (chosen at random) says:

Date             Trunk
Aurora          Beta       Release
June 29th     42 default (working on m7/m8)    41 prompt     40 off     39
off

...with no explanations, built-in quick links, or even tooltips. That could
all be ancient Greek to me. Anybody care to explain? I suppose I could
spend a few days going through the long, long list of similarly mysterious
"reference" links at the bottom of the page, in an attempt to decipher what
the hell they're talking about, but I don't have time for that.

Also no list of compatible/incompatible extensions, but it sounds like
they're putting the onus on extension developers. And "A black list of
clients known to have issues with e10s will be added for roll out to Aurora
and beyond." What the heck does that mean? And how long will I be able to
turn off e10s for? And does turning it off mean all currently working
extensions will continue to work?

I'm sure it all makes sense to somebody who's already familiar with the
jargon and issues, but that's the classic mistake bad tech writers make. As
someone who's been doing technical writing for clients for many years...
this is tech writing at its worst.

On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 8:34 PM, Sebastian Zartner <
sebastianzart...@gmail.com> wrote:

> All information about e10s including a schedule and communication channels
> can be found here:
>
> https://wiki.mozilla.org/E10s
>
> Sebastian
>

> On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 5:21:52 PM UTC+1, San wrote:
>>
>> The most likely reason I might have to disable e10s has little to do with
>> Firebug. I have a suspicion e10s is going to disable other development
>> extensions I find critical. I hope I'm wrong; we'll see.
>>
>> Especially, if David Ficano's Dafizilla ViewSourceWith stops working --
>> which seems quite possible, since it's not under very active development --
>> I will stop moving forward. (Unless I find a substitute, which I haven't
>> yet.)
>>
>> Or if Chris Pederick's Web Developer Toolbar stops working. Or
>> ColorZilla. Or LinkVisitor. Or the Empty Cache Button. Or Tile Tabs. Or
>> NoSquint. Or TabMixPlus. Or various other things I use. If the limitations
>> of Firefox extensions become similar to the limitations of Chrome
>> extensions -- which, though numerous, are crippled, feeble things, in my
>> opinion -- then I have no reason to stay with Firefox moving forward at
>> all. Chrome is a better browser in general, except for the interface and
>> (especially) the extensions ecosystem, something that the Firefox developer
>> team is in denial about.
>>
>> The Firebug-dialog conversation I referenced (which I can no long find
>> since I criticized it, funny) was *all* about marketing psychology --
>> how to put a positive spin on the changes. That's just smoke.
>>
>> Even the dialog your latest blog link shows -- which looks like the
>> original, not the suggested "marketing" revisions, if I remember correctly
>> -- is silent on specifically *how* someone would turn off e10s; whether
>> they could turn it off after letting it run experimentally for a while
>> (revert) and how; *how long* they could keep it off for before new FF
>> versions prevent this; and so on. What I'd really like is a tree chart with
>> compatibilities and action items (including specific instructions) at each
>> decision point (typically those would be version numbers).
>>
>> This stuff is too important to many of us for vagueness and brief
>> optimistic descriptions.
>>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebug/c0abfd9d-1748-48f2-9efb-82aea7ca5981%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebug/c0abfd9d-1748-48f2-9efb-82aea7ca5981%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Lawrence San
Business Writing: Santhology.com
Cartoon Stories for Thoughtful People: Sanstudio.com

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebug/CAMoMLKg%3DEpHDc3e%2BWq8%2BndTXuK7ZT9c-ue6E6OTPNLDXpbUTPQ%40mail.gmail.com.