In theory there may be no significant increase in vulnerability, but
Firefox created the signed add-on policy for a reason, I'm sure, which was
probably because too many were not safe and causing problems. This has been
a Firefox policy for some time, so I'm a bit surprised that Firebug has not
been more proactive about getting this done. Thanks for the guestimated
timeline for the update for this.

Wendy

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebug/99d4299d-edd3-4010-8fa4-c71d07153a09%40googlegroups.com.