<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ItGgmTiRp3A/WGvsWRCvqYI/AAAAAAAAAA0/MyfxcQp4DlIjRs_wpmfGJme5gRrwMET-gCLcB/s1600/debugger.PNG>

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-i7cv1x7dEsE/WGvsSTfifVI/AAAAAAAAAAw/RW4rqWzK-ZoT9d3MX6ZWmlr7b3_2ekoJgCLcB/s1600/inspector.PNG>

I have attached screenshots to illustrate.  If I log in to the site, in my
gmail account, I can find your email address in the inspector, but in the
debugger tab, I cannot find it, in any of the files.  The source
for https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox in the debugger tab looks
suspiciously identical to the page that I get redirected to if I try to
visit https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox without being logged in.

Applying this to the context of my work: if I have a page that is behind a
"login wall" so-to-speak, and that page contains javascript, if I put in a
"debugger" statement in that page, the debugger tab does not show me my
"debugger" statement when it pauses, but instead shows the code paused at
some line in my login page, because, I am just guessing here, the debugger
tab is loading the sources without using session cookies.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebug/acd335da-2ef9-4056-9337-4f86f89ce4c4%40googlegroups.com.