Are you sure that what you're seeing is Firebug and not the Firefox DevTools
<https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Tools> (with Firebug theme)? Can
you post a screenshot?

Anyway, to make sure Firebug is removed:

   1. Go to your profile folder via the Firefox menu > *?* > *Troubleshooting
   Information* > *Open Folder*
   2. In there switch to the *extensions* folder.
   3. In the extensions folder remove the file
   *fire...@software.joehewitt.com.xpi*.

Sebastian

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebug/665774c0-1520-44c3-9c37-b4fde21ca60e%40googlegroups.com.