On Saturday, August 19, 2017 at 10:17:06 PM UTC+2, Michael_google
gmail_Gersten wrote:

> Firebug is no longer compatible with Firefox.
>
> More specifically, Firebug is not compatible with multiprocess firefox. If
> you need it, you can use Firefox ESR, which has multiprocess disabled by
> default, and maintains Firebug functionality.

Note that with Firefox 57 (and 59 ESR) Firebug (as well as most other
current extensions) will definitely stop working, as at that point Firefox
will only support WebExtensions
<https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2016/11/23/add-ons-in-2017/>. Though that
also means that Firefox will (actually already does) support extensions
which were initially written for other browsers.

NB: Firefox developer tools is not an acceptable substitute. Far too often,
> it will refuse to show anything in the CSS of a webpage -- it insists that
> there are no CSS rules in effect at all.

This sounds like a bug, which I didn't experience so far. If you can break
this down to a simple test case, you should file a bug report
<https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Firefox&component=Developer%20Tools%3A%20CSS%20Rules%20Inspector>

for that. Please CC me when you do so, so I can follow it.

Sebastian

On 2017-08-18, at 1:15 PM, Jorge Luis Callalle Torres <jlcal...@gmail.com

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebug/1007dbde-c399-49ea-b3f1-6777834ea8fc%40googlegroups.com.