On Sun, Jun 15, 2003 at 05:39:28PM +0200, Jean Monnat wrote:

> I have recently installed your firewall script on my debian woody 3.0,
> and I must really thank you for your work, because it is working
> perfectly.
>
> However, I have a small problem. Each time I reboot my machine, I have
> to start manually the script by /etc/init.d/firewall start

How is your system connected to the Internet?  Do you require the use of
PPPoE or some other application?

> I run update-rc.d firewall defaults 09 92 and
>
> I am able to see S09firewall in directories rc2.d to rc5.d and
> K92firewall in runlevel 0 1 6, so it must work.

That should be enough, provided your start-up process executes the
scripts in these directories (which it should and most likely does).

> I am a new comer to linux and I really don't know what to do to have
> firewall started automatically.

The above should have been enough.

--
Jamin W. Collins

Remember, root always has a loaded gun.  Don't run around with it unless
you absolutely need it. -- Vineet Kumar