On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 12:16:01AM -0600, Jason Bradley Nance wrote:
> Are you scanning your public or private interface?  Because I believe
> that ALL ports (TCP & UDP) are blocked on the public interface by
> default

Correct.

> and that if you want to block ports on the private interface,
> that you use the "BLOCKED_PORTS" variable.

The BLOCKED_PORTS variable doesn't effect any internal interfaces.  In
fact none of the BLOCKED variables effect the internal interface, they
all build rules for what is allowed in or out of the external
interface(s).

The script assumes that an internal interface is connected to a trusted
network.

--
Jamin W. Collins