Gyuri , thanks for your informative post (which Otto seems to agree wth?),

The essence of what I now understand (I think) is that the amounts of mass
involved in LHC  experiments is so small that there is little-to-no chance
of gravitational force (collapse) exceeding nuclear forces, such that
atomic electron shells would spontaneously collapse.
(Is it not the strong nuclear force the maintains electron shells, or is it
electron momentum that allows those shells to persist?)

It would seem to me that the mathematical formulas and values involved here
would be fairly well known (are they not?) such that a reasonable
'calculation of risk' is easily determined(?).

The experiments at LHC don't even involve full atoms, do they? I thought it
was merely proton smashing that they were doing. If it is just protons they
are using, the argument for any type of spontaneous bh collapse seems to
become even more removed, due to even smaller amounts of involved mass.

If I am misguided in any of my thoughts, I would appreciate being corrected
. . . as I said, I am here to learn. Thanks!

Marcus