Dear Rafael and colleages,

Thanks for the sympathetic response concerning the evolutionary views on ethics (see below). You are right about my mistake between the "zoe" and the "bios" (quite tricky that historical zoologization of the "bios" concept!). Let me go one step beyond in the evolutionary-informational direction: if we consider the advancement of the life cycle as the "primum mobile" behind the whole communication processes of the individual (say, the cell cycle as I tried to schematize in the past discussion concerning the biomolecular realm), then both the "zoe" and the "bios" get united in their tentative maximization of fitness for the individual. More concretely, behind our conceptualizations (in "ethics"), there is the generative reality of the human life cycle in a socially complex dimension, realizing that a considerable portion of our own fitness rests upon the global fitness of a collectivity which is organized far away from our instinctive "zoe". The historical alienation of emotions, feelings, and ethics itself out from the scientific realm has been a conceptual mirage---presumably there would be neat scientific-philosophical foundations for "information ethics".

would you agree with those rushed opinions?

Pedro

PS. I will respond to Richard later on, as my two cents for the week are depleted and his comment (and Marcin's) are quite strategic on fis futures.