Dear FIS collegues,

It was not possible for Joe sending his concluding comments to the session (at the time being he is involved in several trips and in general has been caught in a real avalanche of work these months). So, we have talked during this session, as usual, on a number of disconnected themes and have obtained not much sustance... apparently. Let me express myself in rather literary terms, and epitomize that social complexity appears as the highest archetype regarding any conceivable form of complexity. Thus it might well be the last informational theme to master --or maybe the first one. The new conceptual alignment to promote around informational discussions somehow reminds the historical "battle of the books". The present social integration of science and the development of collective intelligence among disciplines was historically caught under the wings of the Enlightment (let us remind an obscure discussion we had on E.O. Wilson and his "Ionian Enchantment" years ago). Readdressing the Enlightment's error could be a polemic-minded literary label for the socio-cultural aspects of info science, for a new understanding of the globalized society and its new/old complexity networks.

Joe will send in next months a far more appropriate concluding comment!

best regards

Pedro