Title: Re: [Fis] meaningful inforamtion
Hi Pedro and Anthony,

Valentino Braitenberg has a book out this year in German: Information - der Geist in der Natur

My knowledge of German is dismal, but it seems to be about information as the "spirit" or "mind" of nature. This would be consistent with a quotation of his from Luciano Floridi, editor, Philosophy of Computing and Information: Five Questions, 2008, p16:

The concept of information, properly understood, is fully sufficient to do away with popular dualistic schemes  invoking spiritual substances distinct from anything in physics. This is Aristotle redivivus, the concept of matter and form united in every object of this world, body and soul, where the latter is nothing but the formal aspect of the former. The  very term “information” clearly demonstrates its Aristotelian origin in its linguistic root.

Anthony talks about form too, of course, but I'm afraid I find his concept of "meaningful" information to be somewhat dualistic -- but maybe I just haven't understood his view of the relationship between meaningful information and material form.

Robin