Very interesting. It might also be useful to connect information to
computation as information dynamics.
Information self-structuring and morphological computing are of interest.
See for example:

http://www.indiana.edu/~cortex/ICDL05_paper.pdf Information
Self-Structuring: Key Principle for Learning
and Development

This type of computation (biological, neurocomputation) is richer both
temporally and spatially than Turing Machine model ca capture. See:
http://csc.ucdavis.edu/~cmg/papers/Crutchfield.CHAOSIntro2010.pdf Santa Fe
Institute Working Paper 10-11-024
Beyond the Digital Hegemony. A Focus Issue on "Intrinsic and Designed
Computation: Information Processing in Dynamical Systems"

So if brain structures compute, this computation is much more complex than
a simple mechanical clockwork-type process.

Conferences in the series http://www.neuroinformatics2013.org and
http://www.neuroinformatics2014.org are also closely related.
Neuroscientists talk about information processing in the brain and mutual
information (see the first article).

Information can be seen as structures and computation as the dynamics of
those structures.
Both are complex in case of brain - the structures are fractal and
processes are parallel concurrent and distributed.

We are still trying to develop suitable frameworks both in information
theory and in theory of computation,
at the same time with learning more about brain - it is a two-way
development process.

There is a beautiful article: Lila Kari, Grzegorz Rozenberg: The many
facets of natural computing - that addresses those new developments.
http://delivery.acm.org/10.1145/1410000/1400200/p72-kari.pdf?ip=129.16.219.
106&id=1400200&acc=ACTIVE%20SERVICE&key=74F7687761D7AE37%2E3C5D6C4574200C81
%2E4D4702B0C3E38B35%2E4D4702B0C3E38B35&CFID=460437900&CFTOKEN=86096657&__ac
m__=1417615447_3795fbeab8c8723f1f2fb7884c2936b2

With best regards,
Gordana Dodig-Crnkovic

Gordana Dodig Crnkovic, Professor of Computer Science
Chalmers University of Technology & University of Gothenburg, Sweden
http://www.ait.gu.se/kontaktaoss/personal/gordana-dodig-crnkovic/
School of Innovation, Design and Engineering, Mälardalen University
http://www.mrtc.mdh.se/~gdc/