I am a little mystified by your assertion of "information as process."
What, exactly, is this and how does it differ fro information in general
(Shannon). Is it related to Whitehead's process notions?

In terms of neuroscience it is important to move away from connectionism
and modern computational ideas I believe. It is not clear to me how
information theory can be applied to the operation of the brain at the
synaptic level because the actions and the decisions made are made across
the structure and not at a single location.

Recognition, for example, is not a point event but occurs rather when a
particular shape is formed in the structure (of the CNS, for example) and
is immediately covariant with the "appropriate" response (another shape)
which may be characterized as a hyper-functor (which may or may not include
neurons and astrocytes in the brain).

Regards,
Steven