Dear FIS Colleagues,

Following our recently established tradition, for the 2015 FIS New Year Lecture we will count with:
*
_Terrence W. Deacon_*
Professor of Anthropology
Cognitive Science Faculty
University of California at Berkeley

He will impart the Lecture:

_*"Steps to a Theory of Reference & Significance in Information"*_

Members of the thought collective "The Pirates" are also invited to the discussion. The theme will be developed in an Essay attached to my next message. In order to facilitate discussion I will copy within the message's body the Introduction and some of the concluding comments of the Essay. Let us anticipate a really exciting discussion!

Best wishes to all, FISers and Pirates, and Happy New Year!

--Pedro

Pedro C. Marijuán
Avda. San Juan Bosco, 13, planta X
50009 Zaragoza, Spain