Dear All,

While I await my institution confirming funding my travel to Vienna, I can
share some professional news.

I was elected incoming chair of the special interest group on history and
foundations of information science by ASIST, newly named the Association
for Information Science and Technology.  My term begins in St. Louis in
November 2015 and concludes in Copenhagen in November 2016, running between
these annual meets.  I hope to discuss in Vienna (or onlist at least)
formation of a study group on the Chinese concept of information, gathering
folks from all our Summit origins plus ASIST and elsewhere.

My guest-edited *Library Trends* issue on exploring philosophies of
information will be published this April.  A kind of reprise of the 2004
issue, I am especially pleased by its wider authorship from Mexico, Canada,
USA, Ireland, Finland, Denmark, and Poland.

Best,
Ken

--
Ken Herold