Pedro and Joseph, thank you for your thoughtful replies.  I was away this
weekend, and look forward to responding shortly to your comments.

But, briefly:
Pedro - I'm not sure I have access to Koichiro Matsuno's discussion re:
paradoxes.  Would you mind quoting some of the relevant portions of this
discussion?

Joseph - Your comments on simultaneity are very insightful.  They bring
much to mind; but, I will let these initial thoughts settle over the next
day or so before I respond.

Until then, best to all;
Josh